Oatmeal CookiesCrunchy, chewy, yummy, healthy
Cranberry & Pecan Nut Oatmeal Cookies
(original recipe called Oatmeal Raisin Cookie but I substituted)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbs coconut palm sugar (original recipe had 7 ounces pitted dates (11 to 12 Medjool or 22 to 24 Deglet Noor)
- 1 cup rolled oats (will be ground into flour)
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup cranberries (original recipe had raisins (plus extra for the tops of the cookies))
- Handful or so of pecan nuts
Grind the cup of oats in the blender until ground. Mix in a bowl with rest of oats, baking powder, cinnamon.
Add the almond butter, vanilla essence, coconut palm sugar and about a ¼ cup water (I tried to replace the dates with this method as I never had any but I think the dates would’ve added to the texture as mine came out a bit dry).
Stir wet mixture in dry and add nuts and cranberries. Place on a silicone mat and bake for 13 to 14 mins.
The pecan nuts were so yummy and toasty and the cinnamon added to the flavour. Next time I make this I will need to add something to make the texture a bit chewy-er. Perhaps some coconut oil if I don’t use the dates.
4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookie
(original recipe is called 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookie but I decided to add a fourth)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (I cut up 80% Lindt)
- A handful or so of Cranberries
Preheat oven to 180° or 160° if you’re using a fan oven.
Give the oatmeal a quick blend in the food processor – about 2 seconds. Pour all your ingredients into a bowl and mix.
Place on silicone mat and mold into cookies with your hands. Bake for 20 mins.