Chocolate BrownieThe one and only!
- 1 1/4 cups (265g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 ounces (56.5g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped into small pieces (I had Bournville dark chocolate slabs that I chopped up)
- 3/4 cup (100g) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (30g) regular not dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (45g) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- I added chopped pecan nuts
Preheat oven to 180° (160° if you’re using a fan oven). Grease a 9 x 9 pan (I used 9 x 13 so had to double the ingredients).
Combine sugar, water and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat (until chocolate is melted and smooth and then cool down).
In a large bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, baking powder and salt. Once mixed pour in the eggs, oil and vanilla.Pour in melted chocolate mixture and fold in gently.
Pour in baking pan and bake for 40 mins (I left it in 10 mins or so more as I had doubled my batter).
You’re supposed to wait until completely cooled before removing but I didn’t so it wasn’t sit (firm) and therefore I don’t have a beautiful pic of the brownie but it was soooo delicious and finished in like seconds the next day at my mom’s house.